[bf1942] not appearing in gamespy/ingame browser sporadicaly since 1.6?

Shockwave shockwave at blastingzone.org
Tue Feb 24 19:19:04 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 19:01, Brigham Stevens wrote:
> Howdy,
> Wondering if anyone has any insight into this...
> I have started receiving many complaints from regular players that my server is
> not appearing in the gamespy/ingame browser. I think it is appearing in ASE OK,
> but ASE caches the list so I'm not sure. This has been only since the 1.6
> upgrade. I installed using the tar ball before the .bin/executable installer
> was released.

I had the same thing happen to me and was going crazy trying to figure
it out.  I finally found a post that said this was a problem with the
statically linked server binary.  Once I started using the dynamically
linked server binary everything started working just fine.

The forum I found it in is a personal favorite of mine and is an
excellent place to find what you may be looking for:

http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/forum/portal.php

Shockwave