[bf1942] linux v1.6 crashes with map on unsupported mode

Neal Clayton xayd at vae-victus.org
Wed Feb 18 08:15:40 EST 2004

On a related side note, staring the server with a max score that doesn't
play nice with the game type will cause an infinite loop of restarts as
well, apparently.

For instance if you have a max score of 15 for a TDM match, and the
server starts on a map in conquest mode (in which the tickets are
obviously higher than 15), it will infinitely end the round and restart
the map, meanwhile the server will take no commands, it has to be
stopped and restarted for your error to be fixed.

I suppose this is technically admin error, but it'd be nice to have the
server reject/ignore an obviously incorrect max score value if this
situation occurred, so that the problem could still be corrected with a
map switch instead of a restart.