[bf1942] DC 0.7 and contentcrc32.con

Rene Belloq rbelloq at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:28:39 EST 2004

>From: "Pencil" <pencil42 at comcast.net>
>
>So, I've done all this - there is not a single texture in my menu.rfa that
>has a mipmap, and I am using the identical installation on the client and
>the server.  I still get the 'data differs...' error.
>Maybe because I am using contentchek = 1?
>I'm using the windows server just to check this out; but I do not see how
>set contentcheck to 2 - there is only a checkbox.  I tried setting it in
>the
>ServerSettings.con file, but it was overwritten when I launched the server.
>Would someone mind telling me what I'm doing wrong?

Once you set contentcheck to 2 (which is the correct setting for "UnPure" or
"AllowedMods" mode) in the serversettings.con file manually, then run the
server by running the game server executable directly, not by launching the
dedicatedserver.exe. Or, you can also use BFSM beta 4b which has a three-way
toggle.

I can't imagine why DICE didn't make the interface to allow you to choose
all possible values for this setting, but that's a topic for a different
day.

If you get CRCs correctly generated for EoD... oh, that'd be so cool. Good
luck!

-Belloq