[bf1942] BF maps in mods ?

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue Feb 10 16:36:15 EST 2004

patrick at fragzzhost.com said:
> hi
>
> I have a strange problem, we cant change to bf original maps when we have
> desertcombat on . contentcheck is off. unpure mods is desertcombat.
>
> All the DC maps can be changed.

heh, I had the same question the other day.. here's the explanation from
Rene Belloq:

Here's the scoop: BF v1.6 now requires that all support map modes (CTF, TDM,
CQ, etc.) be specified in the mod version of any vanilla map. ALL MODS are
broken on this. There is not a mod that I have tested which works.

You can manually change to any DC-custom (specific) map, but not to any map
which is based on a vanilla map, and that is because the developers of the
mod have not included the supported mode in the map RFA file in the mod's
folder.