Listen on all interfaces or something?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Feb 4 18:20:18 EST 2004

I'm having a heck of a time getting the server to listen on any external
interface.  I'm trying to run this as a LAN server, so set the relevant
lines, I thought, in serversettings.con:

game.serverName "Server Name Here"
game.serverDedicated 1
game.serverInternet 1  (also tried this set to zero)
game.serverMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1
game.serverIP 192.168.1.15
game.serverPort 14567
game.gameSpyLANPort 0
game.gameSpyPort 0
game.ASEPort 0

I run the server and it never binds to the eth0 interface.  I can't
contact port 14567 from another host at all.

Instead of telling it what IP to listen on, wouldn't it make more sense
to just let us list the interface, such as eth0, ppp0, wlan0 or whatnot?

Am I doing something wrong, totally misunderstanding the serverIP
setting?

Thanks for any pointers...

Rob