[bf1942] Server Utilization

Roland Kool roland at cyso.nl
Mon Feb 2 07:46:06 EST 2004

Forgot to add some information about the machines:
Debian Stable, 2.6 kernel, Dual Xeon 2.4GHz

Roland

> Hello,

> Got some questions about CPU utilization behaviour I noticed since I
installed the 1.6 patch on Linux. I've checked the forums @ lightcubed
but didn't see any threads about it yet.

> All idle servers (servers with no players) use between 15 and 20% of
CPU. Before 1.6 is was between 0 and 5%. That's the CPU util you see
when starting 'top'. Caused by PB perhaps?

> If you use screen -r to resume your servers screen, I don't get all
server console output. I have to press the enter and it looks like the
CPU util reported there is around 100% which drops quickly back to 2-5%.

> Does 1.6 finally fix the collision meshes causing high util on maps
with boats/carriers?