Punkbuster error #10006

kama kama at pvp.se
Wed Dec 22 11:03:04 EST 2004

Ive been trying to get to the support for pb for bfv on evenbalance, but
they have yet to respond to the support request. So I would try here
instead.

This is what i've sent to them.

--- snip ---

Hi,

I have installed a server that keeps kicking people with the #10006 error.

I have read about the problem on the site and you are reffering to OOB. Do
you have any documentation regarding OOB and how you are using it?

My server is connected directly to a Cisco 7609 on a FastEthernet port.
The router is connected with 2*1 Gbps to a backbone. We have looked at the
configuration and we cannot see anything wrong on the configuration. We
have enabled the ports to switchports and are using VLAN's to pack the
ports together to a LAN. The ports and VLAN is configured as basic you can
get them.

The clients can connect to other servers just fine, not just ours. Do you
have any ideas to look for when it comes to this setup?

My server is atm running FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE, but have also runned FreeBSD
5.2.1. linux-base-8 is installed as the linux emulator. The server seems
to update the .so's just fine. I have even tried with pbweb.x86 to really
know that its the latest versions for pb.

I have going through the configs serveral weeks now, and have yet to find
anything wrong.

If you need any info, we are more than willing to giving it to you...

--- snap ---

Reference for #10006: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=faq-et.php

Is there anyone that knows anything I can do? sysctl tweaks? anything I
can check on the 7609?

/kama