[bf1942] Punkbuster error #10006

Thomas Kuerten nospam at oddlnet.de
Wed Dec 22 17:20:14 EST 2004

One month ago Punkbuster was starting to give me problems also, on a
previously flawlessly running Linux system (Redhat 8.0). Some people
were thrown out repeatedly and finally I myself, also, although
connected with a DSL high speed connection without any problems elswhere
whatsoever.

It seems to me that this §%&"%&$%&$%&!!! Punkbuster Company just doesn't
know or check at all what they are doing. Sometimes their Server does
not respond in time, sometimes the client gets such a big update that it
doesn't download it in time unless it is connected to a T1. I tried
everything from manual updates to several other tweaks and I finally
decided to SWITCH THIS CRAPPY STUFF OFF.

Now we can play. That's what it's meant to be. LAG at the beginning of
each level is gone, too. If I really spot a cheater, then I ban him
manually. Or the people vote him out. Much less trouble. Really.

Punkbuster really is just a waste of energy and time.

My 3 cent...
regards
Thomas.