[bf1942] BF2 + Logging in?

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Fri Dec 10 13:38:48 EST 2004

Steve, I totally agree on the subject of authetication for a lan
enviroment and what can be done to put control into the hands of the
server admin without restricting by class.   Your point about using
VLAN's is right on - whatever the method it needs to be selectable, and
the clients need access to it, without restricting based on routes.

As for the auto-update, I know you can do it manually...but you still
don't know what's in the package.   At least with a gzipped file i can
unpack it in a temp dir and look at it first, and protect files I don't
want overwritten without it failing.

/BA