BF2 Admin API (WAS: RE: [bf1942] Re: RE: The 1.61 patch)

Andreas Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Wed Dec 8 09:28:11 EST 2004

All of these can be written with the Python API. I think it's a better
idea to have the community implement these things.

For instance, to add a new rcon command to kill a player you would first
add the function to the default rcon handler (or to your own if you
decide to rewrite the entire protocol). Doing the logic is then very
easy:

def adminKill(player_index):
   player = bf2.playerManager.getPlayerByIndex(player_index)
   if not player or not player.isAlive(): return
   vehicle = player.getVehicle()
   vehicle.setDamage(1.0)

// Andreas