[bf1942] [OT] DC F16 problem.

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue Aug 31 13:51:29 EDT 2004

On 8/31/2004 5:56 AM, Shockwave wrote:
> Unfortunately, it appears that this problem also affects the latest
> version of Fedora Core 2.  Just yesterday I upgraded from Core 1 and one
> of the pilots on my team brought it to my attention.  The worst part
> about this is that neither the dynamic or static versions of the
> executable are immune. Both exhibit the same exact symptoms.
> Incidentally, none of the negative side-effects noticed by others seem
> to happen on my system with the dynamic version.  Both run flawlessly.
> Well, except for the F16 problem.  :)

This can probably be fixed by server-side modding the map. We did this
to solve the exploding A-10 on Oil fields. If you don't have the tools
to do this, I'll talk to our resident map modder and see if he can go
through and lift the F-16s up a little bit (which I think is the cause
of the problem - the wheel appears to spawn slightly below the ground
right now).

James