[bf1942] Official WW2 mod for BFV, server files?

Michael stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sat Aug 21 22:26:56 EDT 2004

> May I ask why this mod is released ?
> Does Dice think all BF1942 will move over?
> To continue on the BF1942 Petition topic, this is another waste of time,
> nothing the community has asked for.
> Only BF:V people will start playing this mod, BF1942 people are
> forgotten again, but still the more played game
> throughout Europe.
> This time could have been better invested in a new BF1942 1.7 patch with
> a load of bugfixes, which the petition people
> (http://www.so-fragged.com/bftv/)
> have signed for and never had any reply from Dice, a freaking petition
> with 8500 unique votes has never been shown for any game on the internet
> !!!!!!
> Good job DICE, really!
> Anyway I am glad to report the amount of BF:V has DECREASED since the
> v1.1 patch and the amount of BF1942 has INCREASED a little again and I
> hope
> Dice ever sees the light (again).
> And please flame me, because i'm a real dedicated community person.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan aka stx
> Clanbase.com

Well I sort of agree,

I mostly agree that nobody.... I mean 'nobody' asked for this work. Sure
thanks for nothing, but I still see lots of bugs Dice could have been
fixing instead. Why does it seem like Dice would rather waste time modding
crap instead of working on the problems. Thats fine, but we can mod/map
all day ourselves. The reason we don't is because this game is a
blithering mess.

Here are some examples of what you could work on instead of giving us new
'features' that usually result in even more bugs.

-Try the game on nvidia hardware, then fix the problems you see. It is
obvious nobody at Dice has ever seen anything with the word 'nvidia' on
it. Either that or they just don't care about the problems. This is just a
guess, but maybe all those ATI crash to desktop are related to the same
thing causing every nvidia user to play on low detail so they don't get
crazy graphics problems... (ask the DC developers, they fixed this problem
before... maybe a bad texture killing the render engine?)

-Fix the parachute bug.

-Fix how you can't lay down in the hanger scaffolding... you can't stand
back up.

-Fix the huey bug that gives you 1 fps every time you almost get shot down.

-Fix the f4 sound loop bug

-Fix the bug where soldiers run around with a soggy diapers.

-Fix the bug where solders run around on metal, even when they are on dirt

-Fix the bug where somebody can play the game and still use EAX without it
destroying the performance, or migs at certian angles making a crazy loud
crackling sound, or hearing anybody acrost the map for a brief second as
they turn the radio on.

-Fix how if you run a map too many times in a row without reloading it,
the spawn points (such as Hastings) combine on the NVA side and most of
the team can no longer spawn.

-Fix the bug where you can get into walls on con thien on the NVA side

-Fix the bug where once you get shot while reloading, you can no longer
see yourself reloading anymore. (thus having no idea when you can fire)

-Fix the bug where you have to add some more c4 caps on c4 you don't have,
just to get the detonator out and use it

-Fix the bug where pungy stick slide through the ground into never never
land.

-Fix the temple bug that makes Ho Chi Man, Cambodian Incursion, etc... no
longer playable.

-Fix the bug where you shoot the enemy team on a server with kickback, you
yourself get killed by the server just for killing an enemy... Thus making
the game pointless since nobody can shoot anybody without the chance that
the server will kickback kill them on the other team.

-Fix the bug where some sound events kill the personal mp3 music, then it
goes off sync so you can't hear it but everybody else can, then you can
hear it but nobody else can.

-Fix the crash to desktop bug

I could probably go on, but I won't because posting this will not intice
anybody over there to do anything anyways. Never has, never will. All I'm
trying to point out is how modding things up and giving us new things is
pointless if we can't play the game. It is perfect logic to businesses and
people down here on earth..... Must be gobbly gook to Dice and EA.