[bf1942] Notify from e-mail technical support.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Apr 4 01:24:01 EST 2004

> Can't we take him out from the list?

No, because:

1) It came from "noreply at icculus.org", which, honestly, should've
bounced when sent to the list. I have to look into that.

2) All of these damned viruses now are being sent from random machines
using addresses that have been "seen" by the user (in their address
book?)...so a mail might "come from" you, and as you are a subscriber to
the list, the message isn't bounced, even though neither you nor your
machine sent it. So even if I had a name to remove from the list, it
probably wasn't that person at all.

This is a huge infrastructure problem with the way email is transferred,
and it is only going to get worse. Thankfully, 999 of 1000 emails like
this DO get rejected by the mailing list software and not relayed to the
list.

--ryan.