[bf1942] Notify from e-mail technical support.

Rick Thompson fortweb at fortweb.com
Sat Apr 3 13:33:23 EST 2004

At 11:06 AM 4/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyone seen this? It has an attached file, (for some reason wont
>decompress even with that password) - And seems funny id be relaying virii
>from my mac behind a filtered smtp server. Is this a clever attempt by
>spammers, or legit? The spelling mistakes in the message itself doubly
>make me doubt its legitimacy

A "clever" attempt? I would question the "cleverness" of anyone who didn't
realize what that message was 2 seconds after reading it.

As far as removing them from the list, since the header was forged you
don't know who to remove. A firewall deny for 66.219.32.0/19 would remove
that origination point, not that it would solve the problem... I think good
old common sense is the best solution.

Rick