[bf1942] Linus server mem/cpu usage

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri Nov 14 03:44:53 EST 2003

Andreas Fredriksson wrote:
> A bunch of memory leaks were fixed in 1.6; but it's still a resource hungry
> animal.

Are the memory leaks a potential source of crashes? I'm still uncertain
as to whether the crashing I experience is caused by the BF part, or the
DC part (I don't run a plain BF server, so I can't compare). Right now
it crashes anywhere from 3-4 times a day.

At any rate, I'm certain the frequency of crashing is proportional to
the number of players. If we increase max player count to 40, the server
crashes about twice as often (7-8 times a day), whereas at 32, it's a
lot less frequent.

Cheers,

James