BF and wineX 3.1

Manni Eppe manni_eppe at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 13 09:04:27 EST 2003

Hi all!
I'm new to this mailing list, is it only discussing server-stuff, or also
client probs?
Anyway, i hope this fits in here:
Has anyone BF running under wineX really good ?
I got it working, but quite poor...
The Sound is working, but not really nice, dunno how to explain, it just
sounds shabby.
Also if I select Options->Graphics in the BF Main-Screen i can only select
640x480 or 800x600 both in 32 or 16 bit.
Another thing which is not nice is that in the Game, whan I'm on the ground
there are several texturing-problems. The ground sometimes is black, etc...
When I`m in the Air and look down everything is nice.

Does someone know if i have to install the NVidia-Graphics-driver for windows
in winex?

Any suggestions from people who also (want to) play BF on a linux box?

Thx in advance, Manni