[bf1942] SMP

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri May 16 21:49:01 EDT 2003

--On Friday, May 16, 2003 5:26 PM -0700 Jon <MMmmGood at cox.net> wrote:

> I sure hope they decide to put it back in.  Any improvement, however
> minor, is a plus in my book, and gives us the ability to make server
> rentals cheaper to players.

If you have an SMP box, run two servers on it. The main threads will
migrate to separate CPU's.

(I run my BF1942 server on a dual-Athlon with 4 Mbps connection alongside
several Tribes 2 servers, including two pubs. I can get about 60 T2 players
on the box. Once the BF server stabilizes, it will be interesting to see
what its capacity is. <http://matureasskickers.net/ftp/Server/>)