[bf1942] linux server problems with DC broken objects and jer kiness, is anyone running a succesfull dc linux server?!?

RookieWan rookiewan at cistron.nl
Mon May 5 04:54:15 EDT 2003

Stewart, John wrote:

>Not true. The AC130 works (relatively) fine on a Windows box. Also, I understand the Apache doesn't work in the Linux version either (again which works fine on Windows). Something is definitely amiss with the Linux DC over the Windows DC.
>
>For being the guy who flamed the hell out of the original poster, you ought to at least get your facts straight before letting slip the dogs of war...
>
>johnS

About DC ( found it in the DCreadme in the mods -> desert combat dir of
BF1942):

> Public Alpha Release Notes Version 0.3
> The DesertCombat team is pleased to annouce the Third major public
> alpha of DesertCombat. Since the first and second test was so
> successful, we were able to get valuable feedback and bug reports to
> make this mod even better.

The magic word: Alpha
There's no mention of any linux testing in the readme ( or about more
bugs/ errors with DC + Linux), so it's safe to assume they didnt test
with Linux, which means it's DC related issues.

> If you find any bugs, please send them to bugs at desertcombat.com

Post bug reports re DC to the above mentioned address, not here.

p.s I mailed you personally on the previous post to keep this discussion
of this list.