[bf1942] Linux server status report: 2003-03-31

Andrew Chen achen-bf1942 at divo.net
Mon Mar 31 13:21:49 EST 2003

At 05:20 AM 3/31/2003, you wrote:
>- The Linux server is compiled with gcc3 now, and this has uncovered
>   some pretty nasty bugs that were masked out by gcc2/msvc. I'm still
>   sorting out library issues and how we are going to distribute the
>   package. Would a completely static version be acceptable for people
>   with older distributions?

Hehe, I called it, didn't I?  :)

How about a static version and a dynamic version?  That way we can choose
which one we want to run.  The solution should NOT be maintaining both a
gcc2 and gcc3 build, though.

In other news...
Is it possible to make the server NOT obliterate the CPU on
mapchange/daemon restart?  This applied in win32 as well.  On restart, it
pretty much sucks up all available CPU time, meaning that you can only run
1 BF server on a single CPU system.