[bf1942] re: New Member and 1. Question

Jim McKibben jonny5 at socket.net
Tue Mar 4 13:50:21 EST 2003

I am also using Gentoo, I used the normal source, and am running the latest emerge rsync – so it was a build off of Gentoo 1.4rc3, so I don’t know the actual Kernel Type or Version (wow I probably sound uberstupid).  I managed to follow the directions from their site about as well as I could and got it working.

If you can tell me the instructions to execute to find out what you want to know, I will tell you anything you want to know, besides my root password ^_^.  Also, if there is a command you can execute from outside, my box’s name is dev.nova-labs.net – the only port that is (should be) open on it is ssh.

My server only runs a tinny bit laggy when there are a lot of users.  Usually users experience the phantom reload of the rocket launcher.  I haven’t had enough time to test the server for issues.

j0nny5
“be the ball danny”