AW: [bf1942] re: New Member and 1. Question

Udo Held udo at udoheld.de
Wed Mar 5 02:05:55 EST 2003

Hi!

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:15:20PM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> > Sorry, i hope u didnt got the file i attached last time. It was a
> > mistake.
>
> There are almost 500 people on this mailing list.
>
> It was a five gigabyte mistake that shut down icculus.org's mailserver for
> the better part of the day.
>
> If you think people are annoyed that you sent them an 8 megabyte
> attachment, imagine how I feel.
>
> For the few of you that didn't get it, I deleted it from the outgoing mail
> queue.
>
> --ryan.

It would be great to generally block mails over 500kb and to block all
attachments. If people want to send each other files they should use
links....

As I'm paying per minute and only have a 64kbit connection I would be
prefer that. Yesterday evening I just wanted to check my mails
quickly....

Regards
Udo