Announcement: Open Beta 5 available
andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Thu Jun 19 08:34:06 EDT 2003
the open beta 5 of the BF1942 dedicated Linux server is available
on the usual distribution site: http://bf1942.lightcubed.com.
This release is an incremental update to the earlier release and
you will need both to install the server.
To install the update, cd to the directory where your bf1942
directory is located and untar the update file, this will
overwrite the files that need to be updated.
MD5 sums: 2a8123aa8e680adec740ff476e537ae9 bf1942_lnxded.dynamic
Version: BF1942 (Ver:51548/Thu Jun 19 13:17:21 CEST 2003)
Release date: 2003-06-19
Release status: Incremental update to open beta 4.
Comment: Shipped with symbol table intact to produce stack traces.
- Linked with dynamic curses to avoid SIGILL on Intel machines.
- Hostname lookup failure no longer a fatal error.
- Removed nearly all references to gettimeofday()--uses RDTSC instead.
- Timing code around main loop reworked.
- Compiled with i586 optimizations instead of i686.
- game.listPlayers format now includes IP address again.
- Fixed remote console hanging the game.
- Added server name to status monitor.
- Allows changing of GameSpy/ASE ports via ServerSettings.con.
- Fixed start.sh script for ldds that write message to stderr.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to change the ASE port with our current
copy of the ASE SDK. It will always bind to port 14690.
- A small pause can be observed in the server while loading, this is normal
and needed by the TSC calibration code.
- The server can use a lot of CPU running under certain Linux kernels.
This can be avoided by recompiling the kernel removing unused features,
but it is not yet clear what is causing the bug.
More information about the Bf1942