[bf1942] v1.4 linux vs win32 perf

Prodigy prodigy at redphive.org
Wed Jun 18 19:24:38 EDT 2003

Sid,

Don't feel so bad.  If you are familiar with half-life, the new HLDS
v3.1.1.1 for linux is about 30% worse under linux than windows, where as the
previous versions (3.1.1.0/4.1.1.0) were about on par.  This is ESPECIALLY
true for pentium 4 cpu's which are REALLY shafted by this.

I definately look forward to fully optimized versions of BF1942 linuxded for
not only just i3/4/586, but also SPECIFIC version for AMD XP/MP and Intel
P4/Xeon chips with SSE/SSE2 optimizations.

James

---
James Couzens
ClanMod Dev Team