[bf1942] Future of this list

Udo Held udo at udoheld.de
Mon Jun 16 16:29:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:51:15PM +0200, Morten Striboldt wrote:
> I think its a great idea just using this list for announcements. If you
> want the OT, just go to the forum.
> If you need more relevant informations, just search the forum - that's
> easy :)

You didn't get my point. I don't like the 80% OT stuff which is here on
this list. But due to the fact that there is only one offical ML for
bf1942 all people write here. Regardless if it deals with linux or not.
This ML here does not reach the high level like the valve [hlds_linux]
list has....

And as many other people I won't join a forum if need linux specific
stuff. Checking forums needs to much time.

I have to admit though that a searchable mail-archive from this list
here is missing.

btw people in forums tend to ask the same infos over and over and most
people don't use the search function nor look three topics down...

Regards
Udo