[bf1942] Future of this list

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon Jun 16 17:10:47 EDT 2003

--On Monday, June 16, 2003 9:57 PM +0100 Steven Hartland
<killing at barrysworld.com> wrote:

> The main reason for this is not everyone has the time to browse
> though forums where as a mail list is there and readily accessible.
> If something new comes up you see it.

So the main advantage of email is that you can quickly see what's new. An
additional advantage is that it shows thread structure (if the client supports
that), and a forum doesn't. (The thread structure is why I prefer a newsgroup
to a web board. I've yet to see a web board that does threading well.)

Note that there are some links at the top of the forum to show new and
unanswered posts. Maybe some work needs to be done to improve that function to
make it easier to find the new stuff.