[OT] Server query tools.

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Wed Jun 4 18:31:46 EDT 2003

Anyone had any luck with querying the BF1942 server for player
information? From what I've read on various forums, you can use qstat
with the -gps switch to query the server, and this seems to basically
work. However, when you query for player information, it shows players
which don't seem to be actually on the server (perhaps failed connections?).

For example, right now I get this:

root at fez:~# qstat -P -gps 127.0.0.1:23000
ADDRESS           PLAYERS      MAP   RESPONSE TIME    NAME
127.0.0.1:23000        0/20 Battleaxe     26 / 0  conquest CSM - DC 0.35
- Seattle
           0 frags team#0       0ms ?
           0 frags team#2       0ms CELUI QUI AIME LE SANG

However, if I view the server using ASE or similar tools, it shows no
one playing. This is a little inconvenient because I'd like to query the
players for a live view on the website, and these "fake" entries would
show up there.

One thing I noticed is that qstat is using port 23000, but ASE appears
to use 14690 as the query port. I tried pointing qstat at this port, but
  it times out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate methods of getting
accurate player information from a script?

Thanks,

James