Unlisted client bug?

Misao misao at mp3.com
Thu Jul 24 17:31:15 EDT 2003

I have not seen mention of this bug, but then I can't exactly word it
well enough to search right.

If you use a list of odd characters in your character name for
multiplay, the next time you open BF, the mouse freezes up and you have
to kill the program. The only fix is to manually delete the bad user
from the profiles directory. Is this a known bug, or has it been fixed
and I can't find it, or are the 20+ computers this is installed on just
all have crack for parts?

Examples of bad characters to use: ? {} [] () etc