[bf1942] Info on the next beta

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Wed Jul 23 20:37:43 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Harrison" <trogspam at games.telstra.com>
> > our case, we would prefer to put the all the standard game files
> > under /usr/local/games/bf1942 which is not writeable by users and any
> > custom mods/maps under the user's home directory along with the
> > settings and logs.
>
> Under the new scheme, it sounds like you'll be able to do this, and just set
> the new overlayPath thing to the home directory of the user.
>
> Thanks Andreas for implementing this; I would call this 'required
> functionality' for a dedicated server product and it has been very
> frustrating for us that it hasn't been implemented until now - looking
> forward to the next patch.

You said it David. With this option we will be able to provide multiple
server from one install which is just not possible atm which means
that BF1942 are a nightmare to support. One thing that's potentially
missing now that I think of it is to specify a distinct log directory.
i.e. In our system we always log to the logs dir under the users config
dir. So a +logDirectory would still be good to have even if its based
below +overlayPath.

    Steve / K