[bf1942] Linux 1.4

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Jul 21 14:21:37 EDT 2003

Reinder P. Gerritsen wrote:
> Btw, the latest OB's (open Beta's) have optimized binaries for differend
> CPU's (e.g. AMD and P4 optimized), so I guess that since you are running

That's not strictly true. You're implying that there is a seperate
binary for the P4 or AMD, which there isn't. The two different versions
available in the latest open beta are simply either static or
dynamically linked. I think Andreas might have applied some more
optimization flags to the compile in the more recent versions, but there
are not to my knowledge any binaries compiled specifically for one
processor type.

At any rate, ob7 performs significantly better here than ob6 and
earlier, so I'd definitely agree that updating is a good idea. In case
anyone was not aware, the latest open beta can be found here:

http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/dist/

Regards,

James