[bf1942] ServerSettings.con permissions changing at startup

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Wed Jan 15 23:55:42 EST 2003

--On Wednesday, January 15, 2003 10:49 PM -0600 Donald Maner
<donjr at maner.org> wrote:

> One work around may be to change the umask of the user that the server
> runs as.  It sounds like the server is opening the file then saving it.
> If the permissions aren't hard coded in, hopefully it gets the
> permissions from the umask.

I didn't think it was saving it, as the mtime wasn't changing.

I just hard-coded a hack in my restart script to put the 660 permissions
back 2 seconds after the server starts. ("chmod g+rw ServerSettings.con")