[bf1942] Remote Console support

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri Jan 3 07:53:01 EST 2003

--On Thursday, January 02, 2003 4:12 PM -0500 g8 at the.whole.net wrote:

> Why not make it command line or something you can interface with some nice
> PHP (or other preferred scripting language)?  Then it would be totally
> cross platform.

His current program is essentially a GUI wrapper over the command-line
remote console. But it might be good to take the protocol part and abstract
that out as a separate command-line thing and then one could create various
GUI apps that communicate locally with it. But the only reason to need that
is because the existing remote console is still too unreliable or slow to
talk to directly. Is that in fact the case?

BTW, where's the documentation for the remote console protocol? I just
tried telnet'ing to it and get binary gibberish.