[bf1942] Remote Console support

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri Jan 3 06:44:31 EST 2003

--On Thursday, January 02, 2003 12:35 PM -0500 g8 at the.whole.net wrote:

> Actually the Windows FAQ is not wrong... for windows.  If the linux
> version is requiring case sensitivity then I will ammend the FAQ.

Technically, not wrong for Windows *filesystems*. I imagine that if you
mounted a Linux remote filesystem using NFS on Windows, it would also be
case-sensitive. (Samba can be configured to do case-insensitive compares on
opens, though, so I expect NFS servers may have similar options.)

As a C/C++ programmer, I'm scrupulously careful about capitalization, and
find it weird when people get sloppy about it in what appears to be a C
program just because the name is external to the program. A good sign of
someone who's never programmed on more than one platform. (I'm speaking of
the folk who originated this thing, not Ryan, of course.)