[bf1942] Status of Linux server? Ryan? Hello?

Tóth Attila attes at fcsk.hu
Wed Feb 19 14:34:33 EST 2003

That's exactly my point. I only wanted to know if it's ONE developer working
on the Battlefiled linux project, who has other projects in the meanwhile.
Probably noone is to blame that one developer in this case, but very much
EA/Dice who don't care enough.

All autumn they were posting promises of 'linux server soon' on the very
front page of the bf1942 site. Maybe some people bought the game becouse,
they were really expecting a linux server soon, to have their harsware work
for thweir community. Someone said this whole thing is 3rd party, but then
why was EA making promises about it so many times?  So they made a promise,
and if all they did was to ask someone to do something, and IF he can do it,
they will pay afterwards, that means they almost didn't do anything.

A developer team of at least 3-4 people should intensively work on this, and
it could be done in a couple of weeks at most. So noone is begging Ryan, but
we wanted to know how this thing goes, and if I got it right, it's not his
fault. It's just that EA doesn't care.

And what will we do with nice a linux server of bf1942, if we only get it in
2004? :)))

> Right, EA doent gie a ratts ass if we get a Linux Server, by all means i
> wouldnt want to play on a server that could handle more with less :)  i am
> thinking that BF1942 is not ryans only project so you got to give him
time!