[bf1942] Status of Linux server? Ryan? Hello?

Killing killing at barrysworld.com
Wed Feb 19 06:46:46 EST 2003

I think we have a difference of opinion what a dedicated server is. I for one look for
a dedicated piece of code that doesn't require DirectX as it starts a GUI window and
provides adequate command line options to support multiple concurrent servers
from one install. This is not the case for the BF1942 "dedicated" server which is
infact a client with a cut down rendering loop. No it doesn't need a CD any more
but that's just one of the many things wrong with the windows "server" as it
stands.

Also as 1.3 has such a major issue ( built in wall hack ) why do have we not seen
an instant patch from the core devs? Just thought I'd throw that in.

    Steve / K