[bf1942] Anyone using Linux and DUAL CPU?

Stewart, John johns at artesyncp.com
Mon Feb 17 14:53:41 EST 2003

> Now the question is: Are all the people having the "Back
> Track" lag problem
> running dual processors? Look like I found out where the
> problem lies on my
> server. Hope this helps the rest.

Nope, haven't really tested it much myself, but my users report that it gets funked up like that, sounds like they're describing the same symptoms:

"well after getting on this evening with lonewolf and a couple other peeps
the server started lagging.  It really didnt seem like lag but kind of
buggy.  Like I would shoot the cannon on a tank and not even see the shot
but the tank would rock back and forth.  Also quite often you would jump
around like a still picture but it did not reflect on my ping."

T1, Athlon 1900, 512MB memory - I would hope a beefy enough box...

johnS