you should all know by now...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Feb 10 03:14:31 EST 2003

...that I exist in a timezone all my own, and therefore I kept my promise
to have this "tomorrow".

  http://icculus.org/betas/bf1942/bf1942-lnxded-1.3beta.tar.bz2

This is the complete 1.3 server, so it's a 63 megabyte download. PLEASE
MIRROR THIS.

Here's the changelog:
   * Can take input on stdin, so you can control server without RemoteConsole.
   * Checks envr var BF1942_GAMESPY_QPORT_BASE for GameSpy query port base.
   * Sets GameSpy query socket reusable if BF1942_GAMESPY_QPORT_REUSE exists.
   * Optimizations. Lots of various ones. Binary should be smaller and faster.
   * Squashed another four memory corruptions.
   * Fixed more uninitialized memory accesses.
   * LAN games no longer have a 30-ping minimum.
   * Merged 1.3 codebase from DICE, so we're probably back at square one.  :)

Please understand that with the move to 1.3 old bugs might come back (but
hopefully won't), and new ones might be here...and some of those crashes
might be gone, too, between all the touched code and the memory
corruptions I fixed...and naturally, new ones will show up. Are we having
fun or what?!  :)

Please report all crashes with the backtraces, even if they have been seen
before.

Ok, hopefully we can get the last of the annoying bugs out of the way now.

Have fun, guys. I'm going to go eat some nasty diner food (this is a
reward for me, I swear.) and get some sleep.

--ryan.