[bf1942] Level init.con file not found

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Thu Dec 25 19:31:47 EST 2003

--On Thursday, December 25, 2003 4:15 PM -0800 ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> Text: serverReceiveThread was not created successfully
>
> Still no identification of what module is failing the debug assertion,
> though. I'm trying to figure out from the strace what it might be
> blocking on.

Ok, this turned out to be a stacksize issue. When I was trying to restart
the server interactively, I wasn't using my regular startup script and a
check with "ulimit -a" revealed that my stack limit was set to 2097151.
Using the value from my script ("ulimit -s 2040") allowed the server to
start. If the binary is sensitive to this, it should set this value
explicitly when spawning threads. There's a pthread property for this.
IIRC, one sets up a struct with various thread creation parameters and
passes it to the thread creation API.