[bf1942] BF1942 v1.45 Retail Patch Available

john g-lists at cloned.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 20:12:51 EDT 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, KGSsupport wrote:

> Obviously I'm on this list and I've seen the post that Andreas sent for
> the 1.45 dedicated server, but I saw nothing about the 1.45 client that
> was released yesterday by EA.
>
> My post stated it was for the 1.45 client, not server, and I did NOT
> advertise my
> services nor did I believe I was "spamming" the mailing list by posting
> something I had not previously seen.

Spam in the sense of, From: <this site>, read about it <at this site>, get
it <at this site> (rather than EA), signed <this site>. Your other posts
dont have such extensive spam in the sigs. :) You would be hard pushed to
see which servers a lot of the people on this list actually run whether
they be huge national gaming servers, or on a local LAN. I think much of
this list couldnt care less about advertising their services here since
why would other server admins want to buy someone elses managed servers?
Your post reaked of marketing :P

> Seriously, the post was just an FYI pointing to a story about the client
> patch. You guys are reacting as though I posted a full blown ad, which I
> did nothing of the sort.

heh

> I apologize to the other list members for this apparent missunderstanding
> by some users.

thx

> Again, if you want to flame me, send me an email and stop spamming the
> list with hate mail.

Not really a flame if in private email, just a nag ;-)

john