Slow reports from GameSpy

KGSsupport support at killergameservers.com
Wed Aug 27 17:41:43 EDT 2003

For some reason, GameSpy is reporting my game server in the 60ms -1300ms
range when I know that is not the case.

When I connect to my server via IP, I get 31-35ms steady pings. When I
ping the IP, I get 29-32ms pings consistently over 100 tries.

What in the world is going on with GameSpy and how do I correct it? I
switched to a faster server with Level 3, UUNet as providers, and my
previous provider was showing higher GS spikes. The box I'm on now is a P4
2.4Ghz with 2Gb DDR RAM and Hyperthreading.

My public server is now completely dead and I cannot figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks.