[bf1942] Random port query issue.

Thomas M. Skeren III tms3 at fsklaw.net
Tue Apr 22 16:36:35 EDT 2003

Wow what a nightmare.

Well my workaround would be the simplest then.  Don't run on win32
LOL...no seriously, I've heard that it's not good to run too many
servers on a win 32 machine, so just install multiple nics, for 2
servers 2 nics, and bind the server to that nic.  Now as far as routing
goes, that's a little dicier.

However, I'm assuming you have NAT running, so if the heartbeat that
internet clients gets defines the route back to the server, then the NAT
should be able to identify where to send the clients packets for the
multiple servers.  At least I'm pretty sure it should, or NAT wouldn't
be worth much.  Again it may depend on your router.   Some of the cheapo
home routers might not be terribly efficient or powerfull enough to do
it.  But that's where I'd start anyway.