[bf1942] Linux server status report 2003-04-22

Christian Titulaer titulaer at 4players.de
Tue Apr 22 09:11:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:12:03PM +0100, Killing wrote:
> Doesn't mater still needs a huge amount of manual effort to setup
> compared with for example Unreal Tournament:
> ucc server CTF-Citadel -ini=server.ini -userini=serveruser.ini
>
> Which can be, and in our system is, totally automated. BF1942 is the
> only game which doesn't support command line config options such
> that each server instance can be run from one install.

Well, for this I have some scripts (cygwin, of course) which make
a .tar.gz out of the directory structure and a .sh which contains
the whole linking...

Works fine with our gameserver system :)

This has some advantages: users have access to their own
logfiles, users have direct access to the configs, and still a
manageable webfrontend to configure their server...

It is working for more then 2 years now...

Christian Celler
--
http://www.4netplayers.de