[bf1942] Server Specs

monthos at mx3.org monthos at mx3.org
Mon Apr 7 16:04:22 EDT 2003

	Well then why did he ask if it would work, as if it was never tested,
and if it was tested and the outcome was as you stated. He never gave any
details as to what exactly was the problem, or even that a problem
existed. Had he stated that i would have loved to help him out and
diagnose the problem. And i did give an answer of the expected load
average, even though i felt dumber reading his message. Perhaps you need
to teach him how to give adequate information when requesting for help,
not to pretend there wasnt a problem at all and just ask "if it works on
a system at this speed" I would seriosuly expect someone who has been
around that long to have the knowledge to give at least some information
about a problem he wants help for.

	I have helped too many people with there game server hosting. And
around 50% of the time it comes from people who just learned linux and
wants to start a company. Just the other week i found one that didnt know
me, handed me a root password via IRC, of all places, and it ran a
quakeworld server as root, and they didnt even understand the fundamentals
of basic networking.

	So yes when i get a generic question like that from a generic
email like that, i assume its someone who wants to make a quick buck and
didnt even want to spend the time finding out for himself. Your trying to
sell a beta gameserver to someone and you didint even do research as to
what bugs it may conatin!