bf1942 and NAT

Rev_CoiL rev_coil at telus.net
Tue Dec 17 03:30:10 EST 2002

Im running slackware8.1, 2.4.19

Wondering the current position on the linux server and nat...Im trying
to create an internet server on a box running no services but shorewall
and bf1942lnx_ded and everytime, on load i get the normal STUB errors
(normal errors?) then :

DBGSTR: ***Changing challenge# ***
DBGSTR:

(0): Error: Failed to load

from there, nothing happens, doesnt crash, but i cant see the game,
connect by ip, or anything.....I have indeeed opened ports 14567 and
23000 on both the box doing nat and the bf1942 server machine, still no
connection to bf1942 server....I also have changed no settings except
game.serverInternet and game.setServerIP to reflect the change from
local to internet, and I only experience problems with set to Internet.
Hope this is only a temporary problem (or that its my problem). Keep up
the good work Ryan! You've done amazing so far!