[bf1942] Burn in Hell

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Dec 17 00:42:28 EST 2002

> error that occured, and the messages that were reported. Ryan, can you
> give us a list of items that would be most helpful to you?

Nine times out of ten, the stack trace is _all_ that's useful. If I need
more, I'll ask for it...people send strange things by default (I had one
private email where someone reported the server crashing and sent details
about his video card, for example), but generally, hardware and
general system configurations shouldn't matter unless they are really off
the wall.

But other general bug reporting ettiquette applies: what you were doing at
the time (what map, how many users, EXACTLY HOW TO REPRODUCE IT)...these
things are very useful.

--ryan.