[bf1942] Burn in Hell

kenk at shreve.net kenk at shreve.net
Mon Dec 16 23:07:43 EST 2002

> Amen to that

Ok guys, this is getting stupid. This list already has an abysmal signal
to noise ratio and its only a few days old.

We are all here because we want to help create a solid BF1942 server for
linux. If you are here for any other reason you need to unsubscribe and
leave.

Dont post jokes. Dont post "me too" posts. Dont feed the frikken trolls!

You have the option of sending your messages to the original author or the
entire list (or both).  Please THINK before you hit send! I dont give a
rats ass if you thought that guys post was funny, send your "LOL" with the
entire message quoted, directly to his email and NOT THE LIST.

Throw me a frikken bone here people, it's Nettiquet 101. I'd do it for you.

Also, it would more helpful to Ryan if we would come up with some kind of
standard form that we filled out detailing the system we are running, the
error that occured, and the messages that were reported. Ryan, can you
give us a list of items that would be most helpful to you?

Some sample crash report items I can think of:

   CPU Type:
   Memory:
   Linux Distribution:
   Uptime of BF Service before crash:
   Names of maps cycled successfully:
   Map crash occured on:
   Number of players at time of crash:
   Errors reported by BF Service:

   etc...

-Ken

P.S. If you want to know who died and made me the boss, or you want to
tell me to go f*ck myself, fine, send it to me PERSONALLY, dont flood the
list with that stupid shit. I am here to help, what are you here for?