Hmmm ... tank madness or just luck?

Toska bf at nonreality.net
Mon Dec 16 16:54:18 EST 2002

Hi all,

I was playing Stalingrad with a couple of players when something weird
happened:

A buddy and me were in an undamaged T-34 when we met a Panzer IV. Distance was
medium, I'd say 300-500 meters. Both tanks were facing each other and we both
stopped when seeing the foe.

I fired the T-34 main gun first and hit the Panzer IV squarely into the
frontal armor. He fired back a split second later. His shot arced a little
too high for my taste and must have hit our tank into the upper half of the
turrent. We exploded instantly. No delay, no burning sound from the engine
compartment, just instant obliteration.

The very same thing happened twice in a row and in both cases our undamaged
T-34 blew up after a single frontal hit.

I've played a lot of Balltefield 1942 so far, but up until today I never
witnessed a tank blowing up after the first hit - unless you hit it squarely
into the backside.

This might have been a luck shot (- actually two in a row), but I think I
mention it here to see if others have encountered the same issue.

--

Ciao,

Toska