[bf1942] Getting the server to run

Brad Davidson kiloman at oatmail.org
Sat Dec 14 19:54:08 EST 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 at 16:28:04, Tom Davis wrote:
> That did work out.  Thank you very much.  Now I have other problems.  It
> attempts to run then I get a failed at the end of the load.  I'm not
> sure what all they need to figure this one out.

That's normal too. Means that it's ready for clients :P Go fire up BF, and try
to connect.

If you connect from a LAN, it should be OK for a while.. unless you get
unsynced, or change the map, or the server decides to corrupt the memory pool :P

If you connect from the internet and need to auth, it'll die immediately
(working theory is there's a problem with the auth routine).

Keep it coming, I'm working on a FAQ :P

-Brad