[bf1942] should the port be open?

bf at beimborn.com bf at beimborn.com
Tue Dec 10 12:39:07 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Greg wrote:

yes, though not sure why you're asking that..

I run "screen" first to attach a console, start the server
ctrl-a..d  to detach

then run top, ntop, etc to monitor. Or just run a wad of
xterms to cygwin. Or just run in a vnc session

ok, so I messed with a lot of settings, changed maxclients
down to 10, hostname, yadda yadda.. are people having better
luck with the "out of the box" config? Mine was fine with
just me on it, able to chat with 1 other player, but as soon
as I shot him got "connection problems detected" and a segfault
shortly after