[armyops] AA, ATI Radeon 7500 and graphics problem

jerzy szczudłowski jerzy at jedwab.net.pl
Tue Feb 3 18:23:16 EST 2004

Paweł Mączewski wrote:
>  I tried to run AA on my linux box with ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card, XFree
> 4.3, kernel 2.6.1 and DRI drivers compiled.
>  When I go to the training mission 1, all I can see is a HUD (or something
> like this) and strange triangles around ;-) I got about 2-5 fps... Is it

Like Icculus said, it's DRI problem. But on pre 4.4 version of XFree
I am able to play with DRI drivers on Radeon 9000. Well, actually
I haven't play yet :) Just tried two training missions (36 targets out
of 40 on first try after almost half year break period - I still have it
;) - with Athlon 1GHz I get about 20fps (forgot proper console comands
to do better checks) - quite slow for real game.