[armyops] AAO Linux Server

Frank Earl fearl at airmail.net
Sun May 18 20:23:26 EDT 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 07:01 pm, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> I do the Linux server port for SCI. Have been for months. Like I said,
> this is a contractual thing between the Army and SCI, not a technical
> barrier.

Shame they won't let anyone run standalone servers.  Limits what you can
actually do with the game (Limited LAN party ability...)

> > This is pretty stupid to use windows servers ....
>
> Like I said, I don't make the rules.

No, but you ARE making a Linux version of the server.  Perhaps SCI's giving
consideration to building Linux based game server clusters...  :->

> Sorry to be totally unhelpful here.  :(

Can't be helped from what I can see.  All I can say is thank you for the port
(And, if anybody in the Army command that's responsible for the game is
listening in- thank you for letting Ryan port it for us...)

--
Frank Earl